Sunday 10 August 2014

The Moseley Pearl

I have started researching material for Naz's story (see Moseley Stories blog post 20th July). I'm still hoping he may send me some photos but in the mean time I have found some images that I can use.




 When talking to someone from the park about the story, they mentioned that fresh water mussels (images above) can be found in the pool and they will produce small pearls. I also walked round the park and took a selection of photos of the pool edges that could provide a setting for the story.





Using a combination of found images and my own photographs, I have produced a collage. This will be the basis for the print.


As with previous prints, I have been looking at some of Eris Ravilious' prints that were done when he was working as a war artist. In one particular print 'Submarine Commander' he used a circular devise to focus the viewer's attention on what the commander was seeing. As the mussel shell was so small, I have decided to feature an enlarged view of it in a circle in the corner of the print.


No comments:

Post a Comment