Tuesday 26 August 2014

Hanging the latest prints in the Cow House.

The last three prints I have produced have come directly from stories donated by visitors to the Dovecote and Cow House since the exhibition opened at the end of June. I wanted to put these on display so that people visiting over the next couple of busy weekends can see them and, hopefully, be inspired to leave their stories. I have also invited the contributors back to have a look at them (see Moseley Stories blog).

I needed to take down two of the existing prints to accommodate the new ones, so I decided to remove 'Runner Beans', a print I have never been that happy with due to a thin aquatint, and 'Shufflebotham's Stores' which was taken directly from an old photograph.


 The new prints are 'Night Sister', 'The Fireman and Flash Gordon' and 'Moseley Pearl'.




After next weekend's opening, once the gardeners have finished on Sunday, I will need to clear the remaining corner of the Cow House to create a more professional exhibition space ready for MA assessment and a 'Private View' the following weekend. There is a great deal to clear and some particularly heavy water storage bottles. I am hoping I will have some help to do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment