Tuesday 10 December 2013

Screenprinting onto a mirror

The finished letterpress piece needed to be transferred onto a screen in order for me to print it onto the mirrored acrylic. I also needed it to be converted into a negative image. I decided to take it to a print shop so that they could scan the letterpress image and then enlarge it up for me.


I was pleased with the finished photocopy as it retained the imperfections of the original letterpress print. The next stage was to expose the image onto a screen.

This then was fixed onto the print bed ready for printing. The mirrored acrylic was positioned underneath. The ink mixture used had to be thicker than normal, as a too translucent mix would not work on the mirrored surface.


I was very pleased with the finished print. I am hoping it drys well and isn't too delicate to transport.






No comments:

Post a Comment