Friday 6 December 2013

Moseley Portable Museum No.1

I have completed my first attempt at creating a portable museum based on my intial work. I have used some of the old drawers that I fold in a local junk shop. They were custom made by an odd-job man to store his screws, nuts and bolts. Many of the tobacco tins built into the drawers still have the impression of these, resembling photograms.





I have set a collection of prints, old photos and maps and found objects into the tin compartments. Some tins have been left empty so the viewer can see the ghostly imprints of their former occupants. I would hope that people will make their own contributions to the museum and the empty tins may help encourage them to do so.

All the found objects come from the locations featured in the photos, maps and prints. I have also included some old tram tickets that I got from a memorabilia fair in Moseley. I hope to have more of these type of things in future. I have displayed the prints cut in half and inserted into two adjacent boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment