Wednesday 23 July 2014

Soldier Stories: Birmingham and the Royal Warwickshire Regiment 1914 - 1918

Just opened is an exhibition at BM&AG based on the stories of individual soldiers from the Birmingham Pals Regiment.  I met Dave Vaux and Tony Fox, two local historians, at the Dovecote on the first day my exhibition opened. Dave had contributed many photos to the 'Birmingham Pals' book from which I was able to source information about the Furse boys. Dave told me he had a lot of items belonging to Alan in particular which were currently on lone to BM&AG for this upcoming exhibition. As it opened this week, I popped along to have a look what was there.


This photograph must have been taken at the same time as the one I found in the archive, but this time it includes William's wife (or fiancee).








Hopefully I will be able to use some of these artefacts, along with other photos from the Moseley Local History Archive, to create some more prints later in the year.

There is an excellent blog post by the Museum's History Curator about Bill  and Alan Furse.

No comments:

Post a Comment