Saturday 10 May 2014

More on Wood Engravings

After completing a trial wood engraved block, I have since engraved the four blocks I ordered from Chris Daunt. Two have motifs from Moseley street signs and two are from Moseley Park flora.



These will be used at the first exhibition planned at the Cowhouse at the end of June, to co-incide with the Open Gardens weekend. I would like visitors to try their hand at printing from these blocks, perhaps I could produce a simple map that could be used as a background to create 'My walk round Moseley'. I am assuming most interest for this will come from children. I have ordered more blocks from Chris and have taken some more photos of imagery I can use. If I could end up with at least a dozen blocks, I think that will give me enough to make a start during the first event.






No comments:

Post a Comment