Thursday 27 March 2014

Exhibition Ideas - Street Views

I have been considering how to give my prints and the associated stories a 'sense of place' when exhibiting them at the Dovecote. A few weeks ago I photographed each house on one side of Salisbury Road from the Park gate to the traffic lights. I then had these enlarged up and spliced them together to create one long image. I am currently experimenting with transferring these images onto paper that can be displayed along the walls of my exhibition space.

The various stories told through the print pieces would be displayed adjacent to a significant location.
For example the 'Furse Family' print would be shown next to the image of 36 Salisbury Road where the original photo was found.



I need to consider how I want to deal with the cars that inevitably appear in the images. I think I would prefer to take them out completely so as to not fix the street view in any particular time frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment